NO/RU – LAB
Collaboration project between ByeBye Ballet (RUS) and Dansearena nord (NO).
The projects main aim is to create a common platform for Russian and Norwegian dance artists, where they can meet and get to know each other through the creative framework of a Laboratory Workshop.
The project consists of two phases, both developed to facilitate the exchange of experience and working methods between dance artists from the two countries:
Place: Hammerfest, Norway
Dates: 16th – 20th of May
One Russian and one Norwegian dance artist meet in Hammerfest, and are given working space and a frame with guidelines for developing a 5 days long Laboratory Workshop for a group of 12 dancers – 6 Norwegian and 6 Russian.
These two will get the chance to exchange their knowledge and experience while collaborating on the creation of this workshop, and then try their common workshop-creation in PHASE 2.
Place: St. Petersburg
Dates: 2nd – 8th of June
The LAB is realized on the group of Russian and Norwegian dancers, under the guidance and leadership of the LAB’s two developers. The LAB ends in an open work in progress showing at the end of the period.
Throughout the working process the participants of the project are stimulated to get a deeper and wider understanding of each other as expressive artists and creators, through lectures, talks and debates, and of course the LAB-work itself.
The project is supported by the Ministry of culture of Norway.
Liliya Burdinskaya, choreographer, dancer. Graduated from Legat Professional Ballet School in 2003 and London Contemporary Dance School at the Place in 2006 with BA (Hons) degree in contemporary dance. Liliya did apprenticeship at Merce Cunningham Dance Company, Trisha Brown Dance Company, Siobhan Dance Company. Liliya was a soloist at Diversions the National Dance Company of Wales. Since 2009 founder and artistic director of Bye Bye BALLET contemporary dance centre.
- Alisa Panchenko, choreographer, dancer and teacher. Graduated from Rimsky-Korsakov State Conservatory in 2009 at choreographer department. In the same year she underwent 7-week training in USA on ADF festival. Modern dance she learned at “Kannon Dance School” under Vadim and Natalia Kasparova. As a dancer she participated in shows “Iguan dance Theatre”, “Comic Trest”, “Krepostnoj ballet” (St.Petersburg), Takako Sudzuki (Germany-Japan), “Do Teatre” (Germany-Russia). She took part in show “True style”, choreographer — Christopher Winkler (Intradance project), edphysicalproject team (UNIDRAM,Potsdam), Pedro Gomes (Holland-Russia, Dance House Canon Dance, “Оpen look” festival). In 2013 her dance work «Сuckoos» was nominated for the prize «Golden Mask». Now she is instructor-choreographer at Dance House “Canon Dance”, at “DanceAcademy” school, at “ByeBye BALLET”, at “Music Hall” State Theatre. Artistic director of «Panch&Co» Dance Theatre.
- Nastia Ivanova, dancer. Graduated from the University for Music and Performing Arts in the Contemporary and Classical Dance department (ZuKT) Frankfurt am Main, Germany in 2012. Nastia did an apprenticeship at The Forsythe Company, Kibbutz Contemporary Dance Company. She took part in differnet international projects and workshops.
- Polina Mitryashina. Vocational education’s been gotten in the Ballet School by Leonid Yakobson (St.Petersburg) and in the school of Moris Bejart (Rudra Bejart) (Lausanne, Switzerland). She’s been trained in Batsheva Dance Company. Now Polina’s a teacher in Bye Bye Ballet school and in Kannon Dance school. Also she’s a member of «Panch&Co» Dance Theatre (Alisa Panchenko project). Polina’s taken part in russian and foreign projects with choreographers as John Allen, Marina Maskarell, Pedro Gomes, Alisa Panchenko, Constantin Keyhel, Natalya Kasparova, Vladimir Varnava. She’s a participant of fests and Master Classes.
- Olga Vasilyeva — choreographer, dancer, teacher of modern dance. Graduated from the Leningrad Regional College of Culture and Arts, Department of Choreography. At the moment, studying at the Academy of Russian Ballet im. A. Ya. Vaganova. Dancer of modern dance Bye Bye Ballet Company (choreographer Liliya Burdinskaya). Worked with such directors and choreographers as Sergei Khomchenkov, Alexander Lyubashin, Pedgo Gomez. Olga was trained in modern techniques of foreign and Russian teachers, the holder of certificates of master classes : Open look ( St-Peterburg), Tsekh (Moscow), Impuls Tanze ( Vienna).
- 2002-2004 first line dancer of concert cast of “Todes” studio. In 2007 she has been working in Shusacu Takeuchi project of preshow of “Snow show” of Slava Polunin. 2010-2011 she is dancer of ByeBye Ballet Dance Company, show “Mister Ch”, dance performances. 2010-2011 she participated in performances of “Morph” theater of Sergey Homchenkov. Natalia had been studying classic dance and contemporary techniques from Russian and foreign teachers, Nataly is a holder of master-class certificates of classical dance, hip-hop, contemporary, modern, Flying-low technique, Jazz, Afro-Jazz, release technique, contact Improvisation, actor skill, NDT-I, contemporary, GaGa dancers, Release, Limon Technique, creative. Since 2012 she is teacher of ByeBye BALLET dancing school.
- Egor is a professional dancer, teacher of several schools, including ByeBye BALLET, choreographer, director. Dancing experience is 20 years. Teaching experience is 10 years. He teaches HIP-HOP, HOUSE, STRETCHING. He is a creator of more than 50 dancing performances which were a prize-winners of contests in Vladivostok, Krasnoyarsk, Novosibirsk, Ekaterinburg, St.Petersburg, Moscow, and in France and Italy. Since 2000 Egor had been studying in different countries under different teachers. He is holder of master class certificates: CLASSIC-JAZZ NEW STYLE, HOUSE , JAZZ, CONTEMPORARY, CONTACT IMPROVISATION, House, Hip-Hop, Wacking, Hiro Hip-hop, Poping, Lockin, Social Dance, House, Poppin, Flexing, Yeya (SWEDEN) Hip-Hop, Naim (FRANCE) House and many others. In 2012 he was choreographer of «I adore U».
- Ida is a freelance performing artist and instructor in theater/dance/circus. Ida lived and worked with a street theater group during early adult years, and later did her movement education at «Skolen for Samtidsdans». Working on the borderline between dance and theater, Ida does a lot of her work with children from age 6 to 12, and is very inspired by the creative freedom of this age group. Since 2011 Ida has followed the work of Didier Danthois, who combines the art of mindfulness with the performing arts.
- She is a freelance dance artist from Stockholm, living in Troms? since 2008. In addition to perform and choreograph her own productions, she gives workshops in composition/creative dance for children and teenagers. She often uses her own texts in her choreographic work, and during the next year she will develop her writing further as a student in creative writing at the University in Troms?.
- Katja Henriksen Schia, Educated from the Nathional Academy of the Arts in Norway, BA in Contemporary Dance year 2009. Works freelance based in Oslo. Has worked with Kjersti Engebrethsen, Ingeleiv Berstad, Sigrid Edvartsson, Hanna Mj?vatn and Mari Fogner. Works with the project “Mooving Moment” with Nina Biong, which is a teaching/preformance project for young dancers. Choreographed for the theater play “Jeg er bare ida” and a duet with Catharina Vehre Gresslien. Has a lot of experience with disability arts like childrens performance with sign languages, dancepiece with a blind performer and working with Dissimilis.
Teaches Iyengar based Yoga. Enjoys working with different constellations of artists.